Fish farming is the art of involves the raising of species of fish in the tank or the fish ponds. The demand for the fish and its fish protein is increasing day by day. Fish farming is a very profitable option for the farmers. This part of the culture of the fish is termed as Aquaculture.
Why you should Involve In Fish Farming?
Fastest growing process:
There are about thousands of fishes in this world. The farming of fish is indeed the fastest method of growing in the world. In fact more than half of the fishes are being grown in the fishing farm. Isn’t it a matter of surprise? Yes of course it is. The principal form of aquaculture is quite popular and the other methods may fall under the mariculture.
Varieties of species:
Out of various species of fish there are salmon, trout, cod, halibut, tilapia, catfish, carp, and tuna. In fact there are other fishes also which are taken into account. Farmers most of the time do not choose any particular kind of fish for farming. Instead they try farming different spices of fish.
Good consumption of fish:
More than 1.5 billion people in this world are good consumers of fish. This means that every country is intended to consume fish and eat to the fullest. This article aims at discussing the benefits of fish farming and its pros and cons.
Here are some benefits and that will be followed by the pros and cons of fish farming respectively.
Benefits of fish farming:
- Fish has high demand in the markets of many countries which gives a better source of income.
- The price of fish is high because it is rich in high protein and minerals.
- The investment cost for farming sees reduction by giving subsidies to the central and state government.
- Other than farming and cultivation, This accumulation of a side income to the farmers
- The cost of maintenance for it is low.
- This farming is riskless because it only depends upon the water source and maintenance than the other farming procedures which requires proper climatic conditions and seasons.
- The banking sector provides loan to the farmers at a low rate.
- This fish farming recovers farming costs faster than the other farming strategies.
- The high profit of farming with low investment is a must-see in this fish farming.
- Fish provides nutrients and micronutrients which is essential for physical development in children, and also important for a healthy diet.
- In some of the countries, fish is the main source of protein.
- Catfish is the type of fish that grows very quickly therefore they are a very beneficial part of Fish Farming.
High stocking densities
According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, it is said that roughly about 50% of the fish will be farmed by 2030. Escaped fish had made an introduction to another significant threat to the environment. The high stocking densities result in pollution from fish excrement with uneaten food. The stressful and overcrowded conditions promote the diseases in the long run. In fact parasite outbreak is also in news.
The Slaughter method in the aquaculture is quite appealing. Fishermen use longlines and modern traps to catch tuna before they reach breeding age during the time they reproduce. Compared to the competitive market of beef, pork, and chicken, the market of the fish is growing.
Still researchers are working to improve the quality of the fish farming technologies along with the proper strategies. Aquaculture in the current time is a profitable business sector. The quality of the fish is directly proportional to the quality of the fish farms in the near future.
Sudarsan Chakraborty is a professional Blogger and blog writer. He lives and breathes in the blogging industry. He regularly writes on Widetopics to keep all the readers updated with the latest facts on wide range of topics.